Monday, October 2, 2017

current obsession: annabelle chrome cream eyeshadow


Ever have one of those moments? You know, when a makeup product walks into your life and instantly becomes a must-have? That happened to me recently. On a whim, I picked up the Annabelle Chrome Creamy Single Eyeshadow in the shade Gold. There was a small display of these chrome shadows on an end that I passed while walking through my local drugstore and I thought...what the heck. There were a few shades to choose from but the gold seemed like the one I would use most often. So, I took it home to try out this creamy shadow for myself.

In case you don't already know, Annabelle is a Canadian cosmetics company that is sold in the drugstore. This is unique because there aren't a lot of Canadian brands in the drugstore - so I like to try out as much Annabelle as possible. Ready to find out how this fared? There are many things about this little cream shadow that I love. Which is why I want to quickly break it down.....

The Packaging. In terms of the packaging, this is pretty simple. It comes in a plastic single shadow case with a screw off cap. It is silver and black and though it is pretty basic, has a very elegant feel to it. I enjoy the simplicity and the fact that the screw off cap has a really tight seal. (This is super important when you are dealing with a cream shadow!)

The Pigmentation and Quality. Now for the good stuff. Like, really good stuff. This cream shadow is by far one of the standout products in my makeup collection. I have been using it non-stop since purchasing it. The colour itself is called gold but it is actually more of a shimmery champagne shade. It is super pigmented, shimmery, creamy, and bold. There is a ton of colour payoff and the product lasts all day long without budging. Yes, this is long wearing, super pretty, and easy to apply.

Overall Impressions. If you couldn't tell....I am obsessed with this cream shadow. It is the perfect way to brighten the eye area and add on a bit of metallic shimmer. My favourite way to use this is to add a small amount to the inner corner and blend it onto the eyelid. It creates a beautiful contrast to a smokey eye look.

And speaking of smokey eye looks! When I went to a concert a little while ago, I incorporated this chrome shadow into my makeup. I just loved the way it added that shimmer and elevated the entire finish. Take a look and let me know what you think....


This Annabelle Chrome Creamy Single Eyeshadow has quickly become a beloved product for me. I love the way I feel when I wear it - and the way this product can quickly add extra oomph to any and all makeup looks. It is a stellar shadow that stands out from the crowd.

What do you think of this look? Have you tried this cream shadow?

xo Shannon

4 comments:

  1. Amazing, look wodnerful! So nice product! I didn' t try it but I must have it!
    Look beautiful!

    Visit my blog, Maleficent

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I love your eye makeup. That cream shadow looks great.
    I invite you to visit my blog. XoXo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this look on you, Shannon:) And thanks for the heads up about this shadow. I haven't bought anything from Annabelle in awhile so Imma gonna check this out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. it looks really good on you.
    https://nchimy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete