Monday, May 22, 2017

victoria beckham for target


Growing up, my favourite Spice Girl was always Posh. She was just so cool. While the other girls in the band had loud and over the top personalities, Posh Spice exuded a quiet confidence that I admired and aspired to. In the years since then, Victoria Beckham has remained a source of inspiration in my life. From her red carpet poise to her daring designs and incredible family life...she really seems to have it all.

Though I've been a fan of Victoria for most of my life, I never actually thought I'd be able to wear any clothes from her line. There was both price and size to consider, after all. (Many years ago, her denim line launched. She stopped by my city and in order to meet her, you had to buy a pair of jeans. Problem was, they didn't run big enough for me to fit into. Long story short...my naturally skinny sister would up with a pair of designer jeans.) Then she teamed up with Target.

You would think my long-time dream was finally coming true. Wrong. I live in Canada and as you may recall, Target closed down all Canadian stores a while back. My dream seemed to be dashed once again! Until I went to visit my mom. Sitting on the couch waiting for me were two pieces from the Victoria Beckham for Target line. She'd ordered them from eBay to surprise me. Thanks, mom!


The first piece was a beautiful floral dress. It is absolutely perfect for spring and summer. With a gorgeous black background and lots of white, pink, and yellow flowers scattered throughout, everything about this dress is fun and flirty. What I love? The shape of the dress is ultra sophisticated and classic. It has a scooped neckline and a black band to accentuate the waist.


The second piece is a soft pink loose fitting dress. It has bold white cuffs and a gorgeous white collar. Obsessed! The collar itself has a super cute design detail, with a bunny rabbit on either side. This piece has absolutely everything I could ever want from a dress: a pink colour and a bunny print.

While I have only seen pictures of the rest of the line....I can say with certainty that the pieces I own from the Victoria Beckham for Target line are incredible. They absolutely met my expectations in terms of quality and design aesthetic.

Do you have anything from this line? What do you think of these pieces?

xo Shannon

4 comments:

  1. First of all, how freaking cool is your mom?!?!?!??!? That is so sweet of her! Knowing how much you love VB.....and how much this would mean to you. You finally got to own pieces from her clothing line. What a dream come true! And, I must say, she picked out the cutest pieces! Go mom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow the pink dress is beautiful! Great shopping!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very interesting post! Have a lovely Day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am soooo sad that I do not have Target anymore. But my bank account is super happy!

    ReplyDelete