Friday, January 6, 2017

review: w7 advent calendar


If I could describe December in one word, it would be advent. The month was extra exciting thanks to the numerous countdowns going on. There was my traditional chocolate advent calendar, an advent bear (that sang while counting down the days until Christmas), an incredible advent my best friend made for me (with jokes, special activities, and seasonal things to do), and even a makeup advent. The latter was full of mini makeup products from w7.

The advent included: eight lipsticks, four lip glosses, five nail polishes, one foundation, one concealer, one bronzer, three loose glitters, and one full sized mascara. It was so much fun to open up a new (makeup related) surprise every day. Honestly? Now that December is over, I miss it. It was such a nice way to brighten up those cold snowy days.


So....how were the products inside? Shockingly stellar. I didn't have exceptionally high expectations going into this. After all, they were mini makeup items inside an advent calendar. How great could they be? But they absolutely blew me away. The quality was fantastic - and even though the products were small, each item contained an awful lot of product.

The lipstick shades are incredibly pigmented and long lasting. There was also a great selection of colours. That included a frosted pink, a classic red, and a vampy mauve. All of the bases were covered when it came to selection and range. As for the glosses, they were equally pigmented and didn't leave that sticky feeling on the lips. The shades ranged from clear to a shimmery berry colour and a beautiful deep red.

This advent also included a selection of nail polish shades. These are great because they are the perfect size for travel and the colours are gorgeous. My personal favourite is the sparkly red shade. It is so festive! The set also came with a bronzer and let me say...this is a standout. The texture is buttery smooth, easy to blend, and a great shade for light to medium skin tones. Then there were the loose glitters. They came in a white, silver, and multi-coloured shade. Truthfully, these are incredible! I love that they put glitter in here because it is just so perfect for this time of year. Plus it has a great combination of smaller and larger chunks of glitter which makes it easy to customize the look.

As for the mascara? It was a little so-so. The Eyelust mascara is good for everyday but it doesn't add a whole lot of drama to the lashes. (I love lots and lots of lash drama,) As for the foundation and concealer? I love the idea of these being included in here because it really adds that extra versatility. Unfortunately for me, the shades didn't match my skin tone. These are definitely better suited to medium skin tones.

Overall, this was a fantastic advent with a ton of great products. It definitely made my holiday season merry and bright!

Did you open any advent calendars in December?

xo Shannon

6 comments:

  1. Wow, the illustration is lovely and the products you got are awesome!

    Madame X
    The Flower Duet

    ReplyDelete
  2. Four lipsticks, three mascaras, two nail polishes and a partridge in a pear tree!...Sorry, lame joke, but I couldn't help but hear the song as I read your list, LOL. I've never done an advent like this but it looks amazing!
    Happy Saturday!
    xo Annie
    New England Romance

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this so much! I would have loved to have had something like this haha.

    Amy;
    Little Moon Elephant

    ReplyDelete
  4. A very nice blog, congratulations for your work!!!kiss 👌👌👌💚💚💚

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is very nice. Thanks for sharing
    http://www.melodyjacob.com/2017/01/dionysus-bloom-print-shoulder-bag.html

    ReplyDelete