Saturday, December 17, 2016

12 Days of Christmas Blogging - Day 4


There are so many things that get lost in the shuffle of the holiday season. With full schedules and a ton of get-togethers on the calendar...activities like reading get put on the back burner. At least they do for a lot of us. This is something I have actively tried to change over the last couple of years. How? I started treating myself to a Christmas themed book each December. I have two this year. One is a girly novel that I found in the clearance bin and the other is a holiday themed mystery novel by Joanne Fluke. Reading them gives me joy and adds to the wonder of the season. That brings me to the Day 4 prompt in the "12 Days of Christmas Blogging" challenge.

Day 4: Share a Christmas Story or Write One Of Your Own

Okay, there are a few ways to interpret this prompt. But I am going to take it this way. There is one Christmas story I remember my mom reading to me each year. I loved it so much. Sometimes, I would ask her to read it over and over again. It was called "Twelve Bells For Santa." (I am currently trying to locate our copy but if I cannot find it....I'm thinking of ordering it off of Amazon.) There was something so special about that story. But even better than the story? How safe, secure, and content I felt, curled up with my mom. I listened to her melodic voice read this sweet holiday story and in that moment, life was perfect.

So that is my favourite Christmas story. However, the other part of the prompt mentions writing a story of your own. Well, I actually started a holiday themed novel last year. It is still in bits and pieces - and barely beyond the planning stage - but I hope to one day finish it. Until then, I will keep reading "Twelve Bells For Santa."

What is your favourite holiday story?

xo Shannon

2 comments: