Saturday, October 8, 2016

a good snapshot stops a moment from running away.

This has been an interesting couple of weeks. They have been full of introspection and reflection. With every day that passes, I feel myself becoming stronger and more focused. And that is a pretty amazing thing. Perhaps that is why I wanted to take some time to look back on recent moments. This "snapshot" post is a collection of small accomplishments and lovely memories.

Going To The Blue Jays Game. My husband and I were lucky enough to see a Blue Jays game a couple of weeks ago. It was a wonderful way to kick-start the fall season. Our seats were fantastic, the Jays won the game, and it felt good to spend time together. Plus, there was popcorn and a soft pretzel involved. Clearly that is important.


Spending Time With My BFF. Sometimes I think people are meant to come into your life. That is exactly how I feel about one of my friends. She honestly means the world to me. Not only can I talk to her about anything (there is no judging and no such thing as TMI) but we do amazing things together. Whether we are binge watching a show, talking for hours on end, or taking a class together....she is my ride or die. Lately, I have been feeling especially grateful for her friendship.

Putting Up My New YouTube Video. It's hard to believe, but my YouTube channel has been up and running for a year and a half. Pretty crazy. At the moment, I have a massive list of video ideas. If only I had the time to film them all! I recently put up a video using only dollarstore makeup items. This was such a fun video to do. (If only because I was able to test out new makeup.) Take a look and let me know what you think of it....



Writing (and Doing!) a Makeup Tutorial. Writing is definitely a big part of my life. I write literally every single day. While I wish I had more time to write for myself (short stories, poetry, or doing edits on my book)....I am grateful to be busy and constantly writing. That is a big deal. On that note, I wanted to share a recent article that I wrote for LoveToKnow. It was a Minnie Mouse makeup tutorial - which is perfect for Halloween or a costume party.


Those are a few of the things that I have done lately. I am constantly trying to find a balance between work and a social life....and it feels good when that actually happens. These little snapshots might not look like much. But they make me happy. Here is hoping the rest of month brings just as much joy.

What have you done lately? Any standout moments?

xo Shannon

7 comments:

  1. Hey, nice activities! :)

    I haven't been doing any special things lately. :D

    Best regards, Anna <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Post :)
    Do you want follow for follow on GFC?
    Follow me on my blog and i will follow back :)
    Best wishes, Moni
    www.glamshine.de

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely pictures. You look so beautiful!

    Love,
    Dascha

    ReplyDelete