Monday, July 4, 2016

in life you need to hold onto each other.


It has been a year. Yes, my husband and I tied the knot one year ago today. Honestly? That is one of the weirdest things I have ever written. It doesn't feel like it has been that long. I guess it is true what they say though. Time really does fly. The past twelve months have been full of ups and downs (ups: waking up next to each other, decorating our own Christmas tree, and going to Disney World. downs: unpacking all of my stuff into our apartment). But it has been amazing to have the man I love by my side through it all. I am so lucky. 

His support has meant so much to me. When I think about it...this past year has been one of adjustment. It was hard for me to move out of my family home. To see my parents only once or twice a week. To deal with the successes and letdowns that my unpredictable career path has handed me. It is thanks to him that I am still standing. He not only helped me get through that rocky adjustment period - but made sure I came out relatively unscathed. I am so grateful for that. It feels good to know there is always someone in my corner. 

Today is our first wedding anniversary. So I wanted to pause and commemorate this wonderful milestone. I can only hope that the second year is as wonderful as the first. As for our celebratory plans? We are keeping things pretty low-key. Dinner out and maybe a movie. Then some small thoughtful gifts. Nothing overly elaborate. Just a nice night out. That is all I want anyway. To be together, look back, and remember how truly blessed we are. 

To end this post? I leave you with some of the lyrics from our first dance song. They still make me smile. 

I'll be the wind in your sails, the magic of your days, 
A solid friend unfailing, I'll forgive with grace.
Whatever storm we need to face.

I'll give my whole heart 
With this ring as a token of undying affection. 
We've made it this far 
And with this ring I thee wed 
I will love you till the end of time. 
- With This Ring by Scott MacIntyre

xo Shannon

11 comments:

  1. CONGRATS SHANNON! This is a huge milestone, I am so happy for you :D <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats!!!

    xoxo
    www.its-dash.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! Congratulations! It does sound like it was a year of change, but it was so good that he was by your side to help with all of those changes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Anniversary !

    I can imagine the adjustment. It must have been so different starting this new life but still trying to hold on to as much as you could at the same time.

    I am terrified of getting married. I think leaving home will be the hardest part for me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful couple:) You look very happy:)
    kisses
    http://irreplaceable-fashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. so sweet dear!!!
    wish you a life time of happiness ♥

    http://www.missaggiekwong.com/
    https://www.facebook.com/missaggiekwong

    ReplyDelete
  7. such beautiful words shannon, i totally agree with you ive been married over 6 years and doesnt feel like it feels like it flew away...!! and having someone by your side makes all those moments more special..and theres no need for extravagance..have a perfect evening and relaxing is perfect! congrats to you and many more to come...god bless!
    www.fashionistaera.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations to you guys! Nice to know that your life goes great!

    http://www.queenhorsfall.com/

    ReplyDelete