Thursday, March 31, 2016

tell me I have not inspired something burgundy.


Musicals? Are on my list of loves. There is something incredible about them. The stories, the music, the emotions. The right musical can connect with you on a deep emotional level. It can help you discover more about yourself. It can remind you how beautiful life truly is. Over the years, there have been many musicals in my life. Some special and other just so-so. Recently? I was fortunate enough to attend a musical that touched my heart. It made me feel alive, strong, and eager to put my best foot forward. Pun intended. That musical was of course, Kinky Boots. 

It has been playing nearby for a while now. Sadly? Ticket prices were way out of budget for me. (That is the downside of loving musicals and live theatre. Tickets prices get higher and higher. Especially when it comes to larger productions.) I had come to terms with the fact that I was not going to be able to see Kinky Boots. Then suddenly in its final weeks? There was a deal on tickets. My mom managed to snag a couple for us at a seriously discounted price. It was exciting to say the least.

We ended up spending the day downtown. It started with a train ride, the show itself, and a bit of window shopping to finish it all off. The musical? Was amazing. Incredible. Fun and fabulous. The cast was quite strong (especially our Lola! Talk about a fantastic voice!), the music was both catchy and meaningful, and the themes were inspiring. I loved every minute of it. So much of the musical was about being true to yourself. Shining bright. Accepting others. Each one of those themes spoke to me. No wonder I left the theatre feeling good about myself. Feeling optimistic about life!

I think that is the sign of a good musical. When you leave the theatre walking a little taller than when you entered. Personally? If a musical can offer entertainment value and still connect to you on an emotional level? It is something special. Kinky Boots was certainly a musical to remember.


Seeing Kinky Boots really shifted my head space. Lately I have been feeling happier, more optimistic, and ready to live my dreams. Honestly? It feels good to be inspired. Thank goodness for musical theatre. 

Have you seen Kinky Boots? What did you think of the production? 

xo Shannon

9 comments:

  1. Nice outfit:) I like your jacket:)
    kisses

    http://irreplaceable-fashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds like you had an awesome time
    You look amazing

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love musicals, but have never seen this one! I love that you were able to find tickets on discount. The fact that they're far and few between makes the experience so much more special!
    xo Annie
    New England Romance

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing pics....I suppose you enjoyed so much!!! Kisses
    Sophia
    http://sophiasfashionsecrets.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't seen a musical in ages, although I do love them:) I know a few peeps who've seen KB and loved it! I think the last one I saw was Wicked:D

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love musicals, theatre shows are lovely!

    besos,
    M
    The Flower Duet

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love musicals!!!
    I would like to see this one too!!!
    Kisses, Paola.

    Expressyourself

    My Facebook

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad you had a great time! :)

    http://www.simsaddiction.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very nice all !! I wait for my blog again !!KISS

    ReplyDelete