Thursday, May 14, 2015

any day is the perfect day for shopping.

Oh, shopping. Will I ever tire of it? Probably not. There is something exciting about it all. Spending time with a friend or family member....scouring the racks for something special.....the thrill of bringing it all home. It's no wonder so many of us love to shop! Despite my love of shopping, I have been doing less and less of it lately. Sigh. Most of my new items have been gifts or have come courtesy of my mom. One exception? A friend and I went shopping a couple of weeks ago and it was a blast. It felt good to have that experience again. (And to hit up Sephora, of course!) With shopping on the brain, I thought I would dedicate today's post to a few of the latest items in my life.

New music! When my friend and I went shopping, we ended the day by heading to a used music store. This is a dangerous place for me. Music is one of my biggest passions. There is nothing I love more than finding new music and filling in the gaps of my CD collection. During that trip, I picked up a few records (David Bowie, John Denver, and The Partridge Family), some CDs (Donny Osmond and a Fifties themed CD) and a movie (Friday the 13th collection). There were also a few others I picked up throughout the day as well. The new Jesse McCartney CD, a Ricky Martin CD, and a movie with Dolly Parton. It was a great day for entertainment!

New jewellery! Lately I have been massively obsessed with retro inspired pieces. You might remember a post I did a few weeks back about my shopping trip to Tatyana. Since then, I have been all over looks from the 50s and 60s. Love! What better way to get retro than with some cherry jewellery? These came from Claire's. (The cherry necklace is from Katy Perry's collection.) I am looking for the perfect outfit to wear them with. Because I absolutely adore these. They are so cute.

New hair products! Something else I picked up recently were a few new hair products. They were on sale - making it a great excuse to try them out. The Tre Semme Perfectly Undone Waves Shampoo promises gorgeous wavy hair (it works pretty well so far) and the Tre Semme Thermal Creations is a heat protecting spray. Which is always a good idea. I typically stick to the same old hair products so it was exciting to give something else a try. 

New purse! I was having a really tough couple of weeks. And a bad day in particular. Then my mom pulled out a package that had arrived in the mail. She had ordered Audrey Hepburn purses for herself and for me. It totally turned my mood around. It's funny how something so simple can mean so much. Especially when you are in the midst of a rough time. The purse is gorgeous - and it even has an Audrey quote written on the back. It was definitely a reminder to smile and feel loved.

New perfume! One thing my fiance loves to do is spoil me every now and again. Which is why he picked up this Katy Perry perfume randomly. I absolutely adore Katy Perry - so this was a really lovely surprise. The bottle is so so cute. The scent is gorgeous as well! It is absolutely perfect for a day out. This has a very floral and feminine smell to it. I just love wearing it on date night. This is one of my favourite new items. 

Shopping is great. And new things are always exciting. I definitely have been doing my best to curb my spending habit....and so far it is going fairly well. Thankfully, I have loved ones to spoil me along the way. That helps! 

What do you think of these items? What have you bought recently?

xo Shannon

18 comments:

  1. great finds.. would you like to follow each other on GFC?

    www.aucourantprincess.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice post :D
    http://zyciowa-salatka.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice things :) especially i love the perfumes and the shape of the bottle! ;)
    greetings,
    Vivi :)

    Vivienne Night Blog
    www.viviennenight.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great items!!
    Love your purse and the perfume!
    kisses

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shannon there is no therapy like retail therapy! Even if it's window shopping with you friend! Loving your new goodies! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. the earrings! so pretty :)
    xoxo
    http://myheartaintabrain.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete
  7. very great post ! :D
    http://zyciowa-salatka.blogspot.com/2015/05/walktrendy.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a cute wallet :)

    http://fashionofad.blogspot.gr/

    xo xo
    Olympia

    ReplyDelete
  9. loved ur products
    http://vanduchoudhary.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete