Sunday, May 12, 2013

purple, the colour of love.


First of all, I just want to say: Happy Mother's Day to all of the mom's out there - and of course, to my own. I hope that you all have a great day being pampered and celebrated!

Anyone who knows me is probably aware of my obsession with eyeliner. It's so serious, that in the last several years, I can think of just one instance when I didn't wear any out in public! It is without a doubt my makeup must-have.

Typically, I opt for black liner, but every once and a while, I like to mix it up. Lately, I've been wearing purple liner a lot more often, either as an accent or to line underneath my eyes. Since there are a few purple liners that I've been using recently, I thought I would do a post on some of the pros and cons of each of them.

  Almay, Hello Kitty, Rimmel, MAC

Almay Intense I-Color in Raisin: This is a really pretty liquid liner from Almay. I'll confess that I don't have a ton of products from Almay in my makeup collection, but the ones that I do have, I am impressed with. This raisin coloured liner is subtle but quite pretty. It is a great alternative to a black or brown liner if you are looking for something a little softer, yet still defined. If you're looking for some major drama, however, this liner probably isn't the best choice.

Hello Kitty Glitter Liner in Purple: I don't know how else to say it - this liner is cute...both the packaging and the product! Since this liner is quite thick and wide, it can be more difficult to use, though. So, when I use this, it is typically to line underneath my eyes. This adds a really fun pop of colour to any makeup look, which I love.

Rimmel London Soft Kohl in Purple Passion: By far, this purple liner from Rimmel is my favourite. It has a creamy texture and is super smokey and dark. I am a massive fan of smokey eye looks, so this dark purple liner fits in perfectly with the makeup I love to wear most! I cannot rave about this enough.

MAC Technakohl Liner in Purple Dash: I know there are a lot of MAC fans out there. For me, it really depends on the product. There are some MAC products I love, and others that I don't think are worth the price. Personally, I really don't think this liner is worth the price. While the texture is really nice, the colour payoff isn't fantastic. I actually feel like the Rimmel liner is far superior to the MAC one.

Are you a fan of purple liner? What are your favourites?

xo Shannon

45 comments:

  1. love it!

    xx
    FashionEvELand | FEEL
    http://fashioneveland.blogspot.gr/
    https://www.facebook.com/FashionEvELand

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, i love the purple liner is very special colour.

    Kiss, Nati
    http://iampoliticallycorrect.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing colors, I love the purple eyeliner! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree they instantly pop up the eyes <3 Purple is my all time favorite color xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just bought one from sephora & love it! Will def. try rimmel:) following you:)

    myfashdiaries.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love purple liners. They give an amazing effect and intensify green eye colours in particular.
    Great post! Have a nice evening.

    My Bathroom Is My Castle – Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  7. super cute! I've never used purple, but I love the first two :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks <3

    In Poland Mother's Day is on the 26th May :D I wonder why the date of this day is different in other countries..

    For me, the best color has MAC liner.

    Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. These colors look amazing! I don´t have liner but use to own a mascara.
    xx chris

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love purple. I have been wanting to try purple eye liner for ages, you've just inspired me to go ahead and do it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Can't say I've ever thought about using purple as an eyeliner colour before. Sounds like it'd be very nice though :) Maybe some shots of you wearing it?

    www.debrabros.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love purple eyeshadow so maybe i should give the liner a try... great post!!

    lesleykim.blogspot.com

    LesleyKim

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like the Hello Kitty colour and purple looks good on me. I guess it matches with the colour of my eyes :)
    xo
    Anastasia
    http://natbeesfashion.blogspot.com

    P.S: Thanks for voting for me Shannon :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. i like purple but not on my lip or as a part if make up..i like purple.on clothes.

    lovely post..maybe follow each other?
    trokesland.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love this color!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. The Hello Kitty one is really nice :)
    Jessica xx
    www.fashionmagical.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. omg love it! cool blog.
    You have a new follower :)
    http://www.warflower-theinnerme.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm fan of lots of colors, included purple :)
    xo
    http://aboutwomenandnotonly.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  19. Carino il secondo da sinistra!

    Xoxo

    G.

    http://georgefashiondreamworld.blogspot.it/

    ReplyDelete
  20. These clear swatches were really helpful :) Thanks!

    Emily x
    http://embirds.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  21. I smudge a bit of purple liner on my lower lash line daily instead of using brown. I used to use the Mac one but I recently got one from Nars and it's much smoother and doesn't smudge. That Rimmel one looks amazing, I definitely want to try it next!

    http://andini-ria.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love purple liner, I currently use a great one from The Kat Von D line at Sephora. It has a little shimmer to it so its fun!!! Have you ever tried the Sephora jumbo crayon liners? They are amazing and have incredible color!!

    xo Dinah @ sunshine super glam

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great post!
    Feel free to check out my new post!

    www.malefashionuk.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  24. I always stick to black because I have black hair. But now that I think about it, I think purple would look lovely especially in the evening.

    Btw, I have a Firmoo glasses give-away on my blog. You might want to join! :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. wow beautiful!!!!:)
    www.borsadimarypoppins.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. I like the sparkly goldish one.
    Yuliconversations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. I like the black one and sometimes I put goldish.
    Follow me back
    http://fashionstyle-natasa.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  28. I have the rimmel one and it's amazing, I agree sometimes MAC disappoints me, especially on liners...Kisses

    Fashion and Cookies
    Fashion and Cookies on Facebook
    Bloglovin
    You're invited to enter my Firmoo sunglasses Giveaway: 7 winners ! , Open worldwide until May 20th !

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hello gorgeous! I have to say my eyeliner collection consists of Black or Brown.. Need to spice it up don't I!! L xxx A Scottish Lass ❤

    ReplyDelete
  30. that kitty liner looks so good

    misstephaniechen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  31. I've never tried coloured liner- I can't find a good occasion for it (or I just don't know how to make it look natural enough). I'm definitely a fan of Rimmel eye liners though!

    Sincerely,
    Sabrina

    ReplyDelete
  32. ma che bello!!passa dal mio blog!!;) vitavestita.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete
  33. I love using purple eye liners and my fav, which is really cute is the hello kitty:)

    http://myfashionfoodstyle.blogspot.co.il/

    ReplyDelete
  34. ..my favorite is black glitter eyeliner if I Am going out or something , I think similar in purple will look amazing too , definitely will check out in the shop ..

    ReplyDelete
  35. Love purple liner! My favorite is Urban Decay's Ransom. I wear that a lot!

    Jayme @ Her Late Night Cravings

    ReplyDelete
  36. I love anything purple & shimmery!

    Melissah from Scrapbook

    ReplyDelete
  37. I can't believe how rubbish the mac liner is?! I've never tried their liners or mascaras, I don't know why... But they never appeal to me xx


    ❤ www.MissMakeupMagpie.co.uk ❤

    ReplyDelete
  38. Purple is my favorite color! Great post!

    Would you like to follow each other? Please do check out my blog and let me know.

    xx
    That Sassy Girl
    That Sassy Girl on Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete